Jeanne A. Becker has extended her passion for helping clients to helping the community as well.
Ms. Becker was the 93/94 Chairperson of the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce and the 95/96 President of the University of Miami School of Business Alumni Association. In 1998, she was awarded the Robert B. Knight Outstanding Citizen Award for her volunteer efforts to revitalize downtown Coral Gables resulting in the creation of the Business Improvement District of Coral Gables, an independent taxing district. In 1995, Ms. Becker was named Rotarian of the Year for her efforts chairing the Gables Promenade, an event which raised $60,000 for a domestic violence shelter.
Giving back to the community is extremely rewarding for the firm and its professionals. Becker Public Relations currently donates or has donated the following on a pro bono basis to several non-profit organizations:
- Cherish Adoptive Families of Miami - Public relations, event planning and marketing
- Palmer Trinity School - Public relations
- Temple Judea - Public relations, marketing and social media counsel
Becker Public Relations has received several awards and acknowledgements.
- In 2011, Jeanne A. Becker was named a Communications Star by Temple Judea, Coral Gables in recognition of the firm's pro bono public relations, branding and social media efforts.
Jeanne A. Becker and Rabbi Edwin Goldberg, Temple Judea
- Recognized for entrepreneurship and outstanding community service, the firm was the 1994 recipient of the Small Business IMPACT Council Award of the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce and was a finalist in The Miami Herald's Pacesetter Award in 1992.